Marion County Puts The
Several agencies teamed up in two separate drug operations designed to â€œcrack down on crackâ€ in Marion County Thursday.
Police arrested four men in operations â€œLights Outâ€ and â€œFort Knox.â€ 39-year-old Chester Scott, known to drug agents as the â€œKing of Crack,â€ was one of them. When the SWAT team entered the house, they found four large bags of cash, as well as guns. 35-year-old Kadrinne Brewton was also taken out in the â€œLights Outâ€ operation. Brewton was thought to be supplying drugs to both drug organizations.
â€œHe was really the king. He would get this dope and then use it, distribute it throughout other dealers here in Marion County,â€ Marion County Sheriff's Capt. James Pogue said.
When swat team members burst into his home in rural Citra, they said Brewton fired five or six rounds at them. Inside the home, they found signs of a luxurious lifestyle, with things like flat screen TVs and a pool.
Brewton was already on federal probation and is facing six counts of attempted murder for firing at SWAT members, as well as a slew of charges for trafficking drugs.
- UF's Large Animal Hospital Puts Out Horse Owner Alert: "Bad EPM Drug"
- Bald eagles found dying at Marion County Landfill
- Marion County May Put Jail Up For Sale
- UPDATE: Efforts Continue in Marion County to Put Out Brush Fire
- Staying Put in the Gilchrist County Fire
- Marion County Jail Purchase Negotiations Delayed
- E-Cigarette Ordinance in Marion County
- Marion County Drug Bust
- Marion County Teachers Will Soon Get Pay Increase
- Marion County Certified Substitutes Get Pay Raise