Morrison Announces Resignation
A North Central Florida school board member informed county school officials he is resigning Tuesday after being arrested for lewd behavior in a public bathroom in October.
Levy County Board Member Billy Morrison agreed to a deferred prosecution deal earlier this month. Because his charge of lewd behavior is a first degree misdemeanor, not a felony, Morrison did not have to resign. But school board member Paige Brookins read a letter from Morrison during Tuesday's meeting, announcing Morrison's intention to resign.
"It's my hope that this will allow me and my family to move forward with our life. And you go about the business of Levy County with little or no distractions," Morrison wrote.
School board member Frank Etheridge, who was also Morrison's former employer, said he thinks Morrison did the right thing by choosing to resign.
While state statute says nothing about replacing school board members who resign, school board attorney Sheree Lancaster said she thinks Governor Charlie Crist will eventually select someone to finish the last two years of Morrison's term in District One, which covers the Bronson area.
- GRU GM Bob Hunzinger Announces Plans to Resign
- Morrison Plea Deal
- The Injury Toll Rises: Gators LB Morrison Done For Season
- Local Reaction to Pope's Resignation
- Fla. Education Chief Resigns Amid Grading Scandal
- Gainesville Police Officer Resigns After An Ongoing Investigation
- Lake City Police Chief Resigns
- Butterworth Resigns
- Former Lake City Police Chief On Resignation
- Local Reaction to Fidel Castro Resigning