It's called Operation Safe Neighborhood...and it's aimed at targeting areas... that are targeted by crime.
Here's the operation:
Ocala Police hope with help from the community ...that violence can be stopped.
"We're trying to form partnerships...we need their help..because us in uniform the police...we can't do it all ourselves."
This is the second phase...of several...of the operation...which was started with the goal of bringing a higher police profile back into the community.
"We've been getting kind of short handed in reference to budget issues like everywhere and a lot of man power has been pulled elsewhere and over the years..there's been less and less time going actually into a neighborhood and spending the time that we need to."
So they hope with their increased efforts in part of Northwest Ocala...that residents like Eddie Rivers will meet them half way.
The Ocala police department says with more houses for rent on this side of town...and less homes owned ...Citizens aren't always as concerned about what's going on in their neighborhoods...and that's a problem.
So to take ownership of their community...this group is planning to meet with Police Tuesday November 18th at 6 pm...and will go door to door sharing the message.
- Drug Offenders given a Choice by OPD
- OPD Chief Meets on Stand Your Ground
- OPD Searching for Identity Thief
- Stay Connected with the New OPD App
- GPD Increases Patrol
- Florida Highway Patrol Up For Reaccreditation
- FHP increases patrol
- Police Are Criticized For Downtown Patrol Tactics
- FL Highway Patrol Cracks Down on Speeding and Aggressive Drivers
- GPD Mounted Patrol Training