Plane Goes Down Near Gainesville Regional Airport
The pilot and two passengers went down just minutes away from Gainesville Airport. National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) investigators say that the plane went down around 2:45 Friday morning.
Jacksonville's tower made contact with local law enforcement at 5 o'clock in the morning saying that they lost contact with the plane.
In those crucial two and one-half hours nobody seems to know what happened to the passengers and the plane.
Questions are still being asked as to what may have happened. The NTSB's lead investigator says it is still too early to say. For more on this story please see video:
- A Plane Crash at Gainesville Regional Airport? No, Just a Simulation
- Gainesville Regional Airport Sends Plane of Fans to Sugar Bowl
- Body Found Near Gainesville Airport
- New Airline at Gainesville Regional Airport
- Plane Makes Emergency Landing At Ocala Airport
- Airport Renovations Take Off
- A Positive Attitude Goes A Long Way Fighting Breast Cancer
- Florida Bright Futures Funding Goes Down, As Requirements Go Up
- Gas Prices Go Down, Travel Goes Up
- Taxiing Plane Clips Parked Jet at Fla. Airport