Plane Goes Down Near Gainesville Regional Airport
The pilot and two passengers went down just minutes away from Gainesville Airport. National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) investigators say that the plane went down around 2:45 Friday morning.
Jacksonville's tower made contact with local law enforcement at 5 o'clock in the morning saying that they lost contact with the plane.
In those crucial two and one-half hours nobody seems to know what happened to the passengers and the plane.
Questions are still being asked as to what may have happened. The NTSB's lead investigator says it is still too early to say. For more on this story please see video:
- Gainesville Regional Airport Sends Plane of Fans to Sugar Bowl
- A Plane Crash at Gainesville Regional Airport? No, Just a Simulation
- New Airline at Gainesville Regional Airport
- Body Found Near Gainesville Airport
- Plane Makes Emergency Landing At Ocala Airport
- Airport Renovations Take Off
- Florida Bright Futures Funding Goes Down, As Requirements Go Up
- Gainesville Man Goes to Prison for Stealing Soldier's Identity
- Gainesville City Commission Goes Off the Agenda to Debate Biomass
- Gainesville Regional Airport Travel Increases