Rise in Burglaries
When it comes to keeping their off-campus residences secure many UF students stick to the basics.
But a rise in burglaries at homes and apartments has GPD warning residents to take more precautions.
Police say these incidents started in late December at just a couple locations in Gainesville, but there have been almost 20 in the last few weeks.
Police say residents should always make sure locks work, keep outside lights on, and close blinds when they are away. Residents should also be aware of who is around, and if they seem suspicious call police.
And the string of burglaries is getting students' attention. Which could be even more important with winter break starting in a month.
- Auto Burglaries on The Rise
- TV Burglaries On The Rise
- Burglaries on the Rise in Alachua County
- Gainesville police investigating rise in burglaries
- Car burglaries on the rise, police raising awareness with vehicle report cards
- Prices of Dairy Products to Rise, Farmers Benefit
- Death Toll Rises to Two in Marion County from Meningitis Outbreak
- Gas Prices on the Rise
- Local Unemployment Rate Rises
- Home Sales in North Central Florida Rise Significantly Compared to Last Year