Alachua County's first senior center will provide our senior citizens with what they've been fighting for at least five years.
Governor Charlie Crist announced that Alachua County has been awarded a two million dollar state grant for a senior center in Gainesville.
This grant and the money raised by the Wild Spaces and Public Places initiative will allow for the construction of this center next year. For more on this story please see video:
- New Trauma Center Opens in Ocala
- Tai Chi making seniors stronger
- Three suspended for paper waiting list at Gainesville VA
- UF Health Drops Lawsuit, ORMC Trauma Center Will Stay Open
- Ocala Trauma Center Fights to Stay Open
- No bedside emergency buttons, few nurses on locked VA psych ward
- Local Gay Activist Questions Medical Group
- Prostitution Bust Sends 16 To Clay County Jail
- City Plan Board Grants Church Permit to Buy Dove World Outreach's Land
- Old prison May Soon be a Homeless Center