Alachua County's first senior center will provide our senior citizens with what they've been fighting for at least five years.
Governor Charlie Crist announced that Alachua County has been awarded a two million dollar state grant for a senior center in Gainesville.
This grant and the money raised by the Wild Spaces and Public Places initiative will allow for the construction of this center next year. For more on this story please see video:
- Senior Center in Alachua County
- Gainesville Getting First-Ever Senior Citizens Center
- Senior Recreation Center
- Williston Senior Center Closing
- The Cancer Center Opens at North Florida Regional Medical Center
- Senior Citizen Kills Wife Before Taking His Own Life
- Senior State Senator Opposes Amendment 5
- Gainesville Senior Games
- Top Senior Model Contest
- Missing Silver Alert Senior Found Dead