Superintendent Sworn In
For the first time in eight years, Levy County Schools are led by a new man.
Bob Hastings was sworn in today as Superintendent-- with his right hand in the air and his left on the family bible held by his wife. Hastings replaces Cliff Norris, who decided not to run for a third term.
The meeting this morning was packed with Hastings' supporters. Hastings Is the First Republican to ever be elected to a county- wide office in Levy County but he says his goal is to help students be successful and will sit down with administrators soon to figure out how to make that happen.
"Very exciting day. It's a day I've worked hard to obtain and glad to be here and actually to get going"
Hastings wasn't the only school official sworn in today. Beth Davis in District Two and Paige Brookins in District Four also took the oath of office this morning after being re-elected in November.
- Two Sworn Complaints Filed Against Michelle Dunlap
- First Alachua County Superintendent Finalist Visits Gainesville
- Superintendent Candidate Fred Heid Visits UF
- New Commissioners sworn in
- Alachua County Schools Superintendent Picked
- Sworn Complaint Filed In Allegations Involving Alachua Mayor
- Columbia County Schools Superintendent Race
- Commissioner Sworn In
- Columbia County Assistant Superintendent Resigns
- Appoint A Superintendent?