From drill team demonstrations to American flag ceremonies, Veterans Day is a time for hearing our Veterans stories. Corporal Duane E. Dewey served in the Korean War. He is one of 98 people still living who earned the Medal of Honor. This is the highest honor a U.S. citizen can receive.
"It means a lot I think it was President Truman who said that he would rather have the Medal of Honor rather than be President of the United States," said Corporal Dewey.
Corporal Dewey remembered how he survived through two hand grenade blasts to his feet to protect his men in Korea. For more of this story please see video:
- Veterans Day ceremonies around North Central Florida
- Ceremony honors veterans at living complex
- Florida National Guard's 100th Deployment Ceremony Since September 11
- Students Organize 9/11 Tribute Ceremony
- Ocala Civic Theatre: 40th Annual Awards Ceremony
- ASO Ceremony Honors Bravery, Heroism
- World War I Rededication Ceremony
- Power Cord Ceremony
- Deployment Ceremony
- Lake City Holds 9/11 Ceremony