Violence Free Workplace
Ever since the Virginia Tech Shootings... colleges around the country have been looking for ways to make their campuses safer.
This week... the University Of Florida held a meeting to work on how to ensure a safe campus and community.
Members of U-F's Human Resources Department... Counseling Center... and Police Department all took part.
The three groups went over a variety of situations that might happen on campus... what triggers those situations... and how to deal them.
"We thought it was important to bring these three groups together to talk about it in a cohesive way and unfortunately situations do occur on campus and we need to be prepared."
Paula Fussell says the University has been providing training like this for some time now... but they thought it was a good idea to get the three groups together so they work more closely in the event of a dangerous situation.
- Deputies: Man Accused Of Stealing Nearly $50,000 From His Workplace
- Tats For Hire: Are Tattoos More Acceptable in the Workplace?
- Latest Job Report Shows Millennials Doing Well In Workplace
- Before Arrest, Hernandez No Stranger to Violence
- Venezuelan Students in NCF React to Violence in Home Country
- Residents Protest Against Violence in Venezuela
- Giving Hope to Woman and Children Living in Domestic Violence Shelter
- Video of Beyonce's Family Fighting, Stirs Conversation About Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence History
- Gator WR Rainey Arrested For Dating Violence