Hundreds of residents came out Sunday night to celebrate the first night of Chanukah.
One would think that an ice Menorah is creative enough. But at Sunday's Chanukah celebrations the Menorah was made up of white and blue balloons. And it streched almost all the way to the roof of the stage in the Downtown Plaza.
A ladder was needed to light up the first candle all in an effort to celebrate its universal message. The Menorah lighting kicks off the celebration to the eight day Chanukah holiday. Also known as the festival of lights the Menorah symbolizes religious freedom. For more on this story please see video:
- Florida Author Visits Library
- Florida Power and Light Co. Rates Increase
- County Aiming to Hire more Local Businesses
- Buy Local Gainesville Chamber of Commerce
- Eat Local Challenge Promotes Local Economy
- Gas Prices Lower
- Adult Bullying, a Silent Problem
- A New Beginning for One Jacksonville Family
- Thousands of Letter Openers From Around The World On Display
- Jerky Treats Harming Pets