CREEKSIDE BEVILLE PROJECT
But Gainesville may get a taste of big city life thanks to an urban village development project. The proposal would include housing, parks, some retail, and walkways. But for some Commissioners in Monday's workshop, though, the proposed concept may be overly ambitious.
Monday's workshop opened discussion and feedback between the project's planners and the City. After careful consideration with planning committees the project's architects shortened the 23 floor building to a maximum of 16.
Other concerns included attracting more attention to this area as opposed to others like Downtown. Planners say nearly 7 thousand people would move into this area. Some Commissioners raised the question of additional parking spots and traffic congestion. One of the architects of the project says the workshop was a step in the right direction because it opened dialogue.
- Peace Ribbon Project
- Yankees Project to Relocate to Ocala is On Hold
- Duke Energy Customers to Pay More for Failed Nuclear Plant Projects
- Multi-million dollar renovation project underway for Ocala Breeders' Sales Complex
- Ocala Health begins $40 million dollar construction project
- Micanopy Town Commissioners Reject New Sidewalk Project
- Paynes Prairie Project Almost Complete
- Paynes Prairie Restoration Project
- Magna Project to Bring Thousands of Jobs
- "Projects For Haiti" Target Classrooms