FIANCE HIRES HITMAN
Â New details have emerged on a murder investigation in Putnam County as detectives learn the unthinkable.Â They say a local man, who was the one crying for help, played a major role in the murder himself.Â It was just over a week ago when Gerard Hovatt held a press conference at the Putnum County Sheriff's Office.Â Shaken and not sure what to say, forty three year old, Clint Gerard Hovatt was devasted after his fiance, Summer Smith was shot and killed on December 12th.Â He pleaded with the community to aid him in finding a murderer.Â But after interviewing Hovatt and Foster numerous times, detectives learned that Hovatt had hired Foster to kill Smith.Â Police arrested the two on Tuesday evening and charged them with first degree murder.Â Detectives recovered a 22 caliber revolver, a wallet and a purse a few hundred feet from the suspects house.
- Fla. Woman Arrested in Death of Fiance in Tennessee
- County Aiming to Hire more Local Businesses
- City of Ocala Lifts Hiring Freeze
- Machen says "Budget Cuts Are Over" plans to hire 100 people.
- GPD Hires New Officers
- City Of Alachua Breaks History With New Hire
- Mayor's Response to hiring aide
- Two-Thirds of Marion County Fired Teachers Hired Back
- Agents Bust Murder for Hire Plot
- Former Cop With Tainted Past Hired By School Board