A campaign by Gainesville Fire Rescue aims to prevent fire emergencies.
"Project Get Alarmed" is an initiative that aims to place fire prevention equipment in all homes and businesses.
Today Gainesville Fire Rescue workers picked up smoke detectors... carbon monoxide detectors... and fire extinguishers.
They were all donated by Lowe's.
People can fill out applications for Gainesville Fire Rescue personnel to come out to their home and install the devices. Call 352-334-5078 for more information.
- Truck knocks down two electric poles
- Responders train for bomb explosion
- Fire destroys house in NW Gainesville
- Apartment fire suspected to be started intentionally
- Alarming Water Levels
- Free Smoke Alarm for Fire Safety
- Gainesville apartment complex burglaries alarming residents
- Is your alarm clock making you fat?
- Medical Spotlight: Great American Smoke Out
- Florida Author Visits Library