By Dan Breitwieser, WCJB TV 20 News.
Tickets are to be had, but for a pretty penny. Monday evening, there were more than 1300 requests when one searched for "BCS Championship Tickets" on ebay. Many of the best tickets go for more than $1000 a ticket.
Assistant Athletics Director in charge of the Ticket Office Mark Gajda says phones Monday have been busy since 8:30 A.M.
Retired faculty member Vernon McKee is one of the lucky ones, displaying the proof he's getting two tickets in the mail later this month.
"I won't have many more chances to see the Gators play in the championship so this is one I really want to go see," says McKee.
Gajda encourages anyone who wants to purchase of the Gator allotment tickets to look online at Gatorzone.com. But Monday, many came to the University Athletic Association ticket office near Gate Two.
University of Florida buys 16,000 tickets in the Northwest corner of Dolphin Stadium at $175 a ticket. About 12,000 go to longtime season ticket holders and big givers to the U.A.A. More than half had been sold as of Monday afternoon. With the game instate, the demand is even higher than 2006.
"We've been through this before," says Gajda. "We have fine-tuned our process, just ask our fans to be patient"
1400 tickets are available for purchase by UF students in a lottery system based on seniority. But many more may make the trip regardless.
- Got Milk? Farm Bill Discussion Raises Questions on Price of Dairy
- Got Raw Milk?
- Snowden Says He Got Job to Access NSA Programs
- Troopers Ticketing Aggressive Driving
- Parking Tickets Confusion
- Man Offers Gator Football Ticket in Exchange for Date With Daughter
- Removal Of ASO Traffic Unit Leads To Less Traffic Tickets Being Issued
- City Prepares to Collect Dues on Unpaid Parking Tickets
- How to Avoid a Speeding Ticket
- City of Gainesville Corrects Outdated Information on Parking Tickets