GPD DOOR KICK INS ARRESTS
Gainesville Police say some burglarers were trying to take advantage of students being away for christmas break but a couple of grinches were caught red handed. GPD had been trying to get the word out to take precaution and protect your belongings. But that message came to little to late for some UF students yesterday.
Annie Kindland and Kelly Bennett had their Merry Christmas ruined last night when they got a call from GPD saying their apartment had been broken into. Gainesville Police say they received an anonymous call last night to this complex. They say when they arrived, a car was fleeing with four suspects inside.
Gainesville Police arrested Robert Thomas, Adrian and Sarai Walker. Police are still looking for Willie Reid. Officers say they found Tv's, Stereos, Computer Printer, Jewelry and clothing in the car. Officials also say these burglaries may be related to other cases. Captain Ed Book of Gainesville Police says," These were obviously some people who we had yet to come across, so we felt good enough that someone called when they heard some glass breaking".
Police say none of the apartments were occupied when the burglaries happened.
- GPD Officer Arrest
- GPD Logs Robbery Arrests
- Seven Open-Air Drug Arrests by New GPD Unit
- GPD Makes Arrest in Rape Case
- Cub Scouts Go Door-To-Door Collecting Food For Gainesville Ministries
- UF Law students go door-to-door to help Ex-Cons
- Door to Door Scams Sweep Through the Area
- City Of Alachua Opens Multi-Million Doors To New Police Department by Stacey Samuel
- Who Lives Next Door?
- The Volunteer Center, Closing It's Doors