Green Jail Renovations
Local governments are looking everywhere to save money. In Alachua County money is being spent on the jail..that could actually help save money.
County Commissioners approved 7.7 million dollars to be put aside for jail renovations .
The money for the jail energy conservation project will replace all 76 a/c units and will also add solar panels. The same goes for the laundry area and new appliances in the kitchen.
These upgrades are expected to lower the utility cost for the jail by 600,000 dollars per year.
- The Alachua County Jail Is Going Green
- Growing Green To Save Green
- Build Green To Save Green
- Going Green to Save some Green
- Can Going Green Save You Some Green?
- Going Green, Saving Green?
- Marion Department of Elections to Renovate Building
- Ironwood Renovations Input Survey
- Ronald McDonald House Renovations
- Downtown Ocala Business Owners: Renovation Troubles are "Worth It"