Home Upgrade Money
On this "Climate Action Week," Gainesville Mayor Pegeen Hanrahan is joining other local leaders from around the country in pressing the new White House Administration for money to support local climate change programs.
Gainesville and other designated "Climate Communities" hope that funding from a proposed economic stimulus package in congress would provide ten billion dollars in energy efficiency and conservation block grants for local governments.
With the help of this extra funding, the Gainesville Regional Utilities Leep Program would able to expand to help nearly 450-low income customers save money on their utility bills and become more energy efficient with free energy efficiency measures.
Supporters say it would also create more jobs.
- "10,000 Homes Initiative" Could Upgrade Homes in Alachua County
- Nonprofits to Receive Stimulus Money for Home Energy Efficiency
- Two Men Force Way into Palatka Home, Take Money and Pills
- Making energy efficient upgrades
- Downtown Upgrades Stand Still
- Bus Stop Upgrades
- Marion County Sheriffs Upgrade Stun Guns
- Grace Market Place Looking for a Big Upgrade
- Some Graded Roads Will Be Upgraded
- Fans Receive Upgrade After Good Deed