Local Residents Deal With Unemployment
Organizations like Florida Works, that serves Alachua and Bradford Counties, help get people through the unemployment process and hopefully working again.
Employees offer help in filling out all the forms for unemployment benefits. In Florida the rate is $275 per week. They also help you write a resume and offer access to job openings.
"We offer a relatively wide array of services to job seekers, employers and the community as a whole," said Florida Works Core Services Manager Tony Mangol.
Florida's unemployment rate is seven percent,Â whichÂ isÂ higher than the national rate of just over six percent.
- Unemployment Disaster Assistance Deadlines Start Next Month
- State Unemployment Numbers Down
- UNEMPLOYMENT RATE IN MARION COUNTY
- Governor’s Signature Needed to Extend Unemployment
- North Central Florida's April Unemployment Figures Released
- Unemployment Compensation Fund Running Dry
- Unemployment Rate Grows in Florida
- Extended Unemployment Benefits Flowing
- Unemployment Continues Upward
- Local Unemployment Update