Local Residents Deal With Unemployment
Organizations like Florida Works, that serves Alachua and Bradford Counties, help get people through the unemployment process and hopefully working again.
Employees offer help in filling out all the forms for unemployment benefits. In Florida the rate is $275 per week. They also help you write a resume and offer access to job openings.
"We offer a relatively wide array of services to job seekers, employers and the community as a whole," said Florida Works Core Services Manager Tony Mangol.
Florida's unemployment rate is seven percent,Â whichÂ isÂ higher than the national rate of just over six percent.
- High Springs Resident Deals With Mold Problem
- Residents dealing with trash problem
- Federal Unemployment Benefits End for Thousands of Floridians
- Unemployment Disaster Assistance Deadlines Start Next Month
- State Unemployment Numbers Down
- Fla. Unemployment Rate Drops Again to 7.1 Percent
- Local Unemployment Rate Rises
- Fla. Unemployment Rate Remains Flat at 7.1 Percent
- Fla. Unemployment Rate Drops to 7 percent
- Fla. Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.4 Percent