Old Home Fire
A morning fire destroyed an iconic home in Downtown High Springs. The fire started when a resident plugged in a heater and flames came from the electrical outlet.
All that was salvaged from 230 North Main Street were a few items placed in boxes... the rest lost forever. Authorities were called to the fire around nine a-m. Employees at nearby businesses sprang to action when they spotted flames.
Seven people were in the house when the fire started... including two young children. One woman--- who was pregnant--- was transported to Shands as a precaution for smoke inhalation... no one else was injured.
Police set up a road block on Main Street for several hours between First Avenue and Highway 441.
Firefighters estimate the damages totaled 250- thousand dollars and it is a total loss for crews... who says the home was not insured.
The pregnant woman has already been released from the hospital and is doing fine.
The red cross is helping the residents with food, clothing, and shelter.
- Fire Marshals investigate mobile home fire
- 18-year-old fatally shot in Clay County home robbery
- 8-Year-Old Boy Set on Fire While Playing in Neighbors' Yard
- Levy County House Fires Kills 10 Year Old and her Great Grandmother
- Five Year Old Dies in Fire
- 9-year-old boy dies in Hog Valley fire
- Gainesville man turns old fire gear into hot accesories
- 71-year-old woman dies in house fire
- 89 Year Old Man Dies in House Fire
- Fire kills 75 year old woman and at least 44 dogs