NASA source tells TV20 spacewalk on Dec. 19 will be required to fix cooling problem on ISS.
Michael Bargo sentenced to death for the murder of Seath Jackson.
Many wild spaces public places already exist in our area but despite the recession, fewer people are taking advantage of what Gainesville has to offer, according to city leaders.
The City Of Gainesville's parks are open 365 days of the year but recreation officials say that there is a decline in participation of the cultural affairs programs and they just want to get the word out that we're here.
Gainesville's Park and Recreation Department is kicking off the "It Starts In Parks" campaign today hoping to promote the city's facilities like Ironwood.
It starts in parks is a national campaign and Florida is the first state to implement it in its cities. The primary focus of the campaign is to market the city's program's facilities and active parks to Gainesville citizens.
A recent study from the American Journal Of Preventive Medicine shows that making contact with nature such as plant, animals and landscapes, lower blood pressure and reduces cholesterol.
The next program the city will have is the holiday day camp. Just contact the Department for Parks and Recreation for more info.
- Clay Calvert Talks Freedom of the Press
- Press Conference for Columbia County Fires
- Press Conference Held Today For Gainesville Shooting Spree
- Newly-Elected Congressman Ted Yoho 'Meets the Press'
- Park Safety In Gainesville Eastside Park
- Silver Springs Theme Park May Be Transformed Into a State Park
- Obama Pressing for 'Buffett Rule' in Florida
- George Zimmerman's Girlfriend Not Pressing Charges
- Water Parks Have Deal for Floridians
- Alligator Bites Teen on the Head at Florida Park