Putnam County Robbery/Homicide
wounded after she and her fiance were robbed while stopped to talkÂ to a
motorist Friday afternoon at aroung 2:50 p.m. on State Road 26, just north of
Robbery victim Clint Horvatt, of Bostwick, told authorities he and Summer J. Smith were going to
Gainesville to shop when they spotted a small pickup on the side of State Road
26 near Swan Lake Camp and stopped.
theÂ parked truck, Horvatt said, and told him to stop. The robber exited the
passenger side of his vehicle and approached the passengerÂ side of the couple's vehicle. The robber demanded
Horvatt and Smith's valuables. Smith, 36, of
Ormond Beach and formerly of Putnam County, was shot as the two handed
over items, and the robber fled in his vehicle.
helicopter to the Gainesville trauma center where sheÂ was pronounced dead
shortly after 6:30 p.m.
The gunman was described as a black male in
his late 20s, 6 feet tall, wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt.
information should call Detective John Merchant at 329-0800.
- 'Suspicious Death' In Gilchrist County Ruled A Homicide
- Gilchrist County Homicide, Victim Dies Fleeing From Intruder
- Arrest Made in Gilchrist County Homicide
- Double Homicide In Marion County
- Suwannee County Woman Charged with Vehicle Homicide
- Gilchrist County Sheriff's deputies identify victims in double homicide
- Marion County homicide investigation
- Family seeking answers for unsolved homicide in Marion County
- Silver Alert in Place for Missing Putnam County Man
- Indiana Murder Suspect Arrested in Putnam County