Recruiting Homeless Scammers
It's a scam that's already cost local businesses around 15 thousand dollars...and police are still trying to find out who's behind it.
Last week...the Ocala Police Department arrested four homeless men who they say went into a convenience store and cashed counterfeit checks for over 4 hundred dollars each.
The men were arrested...but the scam continues.
"Business owners need to keep an eye out for the key common factors which would be groups of suspects coming in with payroll checks from the same local business in the most recent cases they've had newly issued identification cards either the same day...so those key factors they want to look for if they notice those things...try to hold them off inconspicuously...give us a call."
Anyone who thinks they may have been a victim or has any information about this scam can call the 732-9111...or 369-7000.
- Marion County Scammers Caught
- Jamaican Scammers Target Gainesville
- Cell Phone Scammer Jailed
- End of the Line for Mobile Home Scammer
- Tow Truck Scammers
- Magazine Scammers Caught Trying to Steal Pills from Disabled Woman
- Driveway Repair Scammers in Marion County
- Scammer in Ocala Acting as Driveway Repair Man
- Door-to-Door Scammers Return, GPD Urges Caution
- Scammers Target Utility Customers In A New Way