SEMINARY LANE HOUSING
Owners of the thirty year old development decided to demolish the property for its rundown conditions.
Tuesday night residents met for the second time to talk about next years move and how they could qualify for help in finding a new home.
The Housing and Urban Developmen'ts contract is set to expire, forcing all residents to move out of Seminary Lane by May.
The property's owners claim some of the 53 units are in ver poor condition and renovations are not feasible.
Frankie Scott has been a Seminary Lane resident for nearly 10 years. She is worried that she will not be able to get the section 8 voucher and will need to live with someone else.
For more on this story please see video:
- Seminary Lane Apartments to be Torn Down
- Remaining Seminary Lane Residents Moving Out
- Changes For Northwest 8th Avenue In Gainesville... From 4-Lane to 2-Lane
- Southbound Lanes of I-75 Remain Closed After Deadly Crashes
- GPD: Recent Car Thefts Tied to "Felony Lane" Activity
- Plans to Narrow Lanes Advanced Despite Opposition
- Arbor House reopens under direction of St. Francis House
- Officials Investigate Clearwater House Fire
- House Approves Bill to Speed Up Capital Punishment
- $5.5 Million Towards Housing Homeless Veterans