Shands Cair uses new technology
From now on, when visibility is low, Shands Cair helicopter pilots will be able to take off and land using GPS technology.
The Federal Aviation Administration approved the use of pre-set routes to and from smaller area hospitals. There is also a stop at I-75 and I-10.
Right now, Shands is the only hospital in the Southeastern United States using the technology, according to pilot Mark Womack.
Womack says this will help get patients to the care they need -- faster than before.
- ShandsCair Offers New Ambulance for Children
- Alachua Communications Center Uses New Technology
- Shands At UF Installs New CT Scanners
- Construction Nearing Completion at New Shands Cancer Hospital
- New Shands Cancer Hospital
- Shands Hospital is Building New Hotel For Families and Patients
- New Study By Shands May Help Treat Anxiety Disorders
- Using new technology in old case
- New Traffic Patterns Use Less Energy, Save Drivers Commute Time
- Ocala Man Uses New Business to Combat Disability