Shands Cair uses new technology
From now on, when visibility is low, Shands Cair helicopter pilots will be able to take off and land using GPS technology.
The Federal Aviation Administration approved the use of pre-set routes to and from smaller area hospitals. There is also a stop at I-75 and I-10.
Right now, Shands is the only hospital in the Southeastern United States using the technology, according to pilot Mark Womack.
Womack says this will help get patients to the care they need -- faster than before.
- Medical Spotlight: UF Health Expands ShandsCair
- Alachua Communications Center Uses New Technology
- ShandsCair Offers New Ambulance for Children
- Hospital program uses the arts to help patients
- UF Health ShandsCair celebrates 35 years saving lives
- "Thigh Gap:" A Dangerous New Trend
- An Exclusive Inside Look at the New GPD Building- Using Some New Technology
- Shands Hospital is Building New Hotel For Families and Patients
- New Study By Shands May Help Treat Anxiety Disorders
- Dangerous New Diet Gaining Popularity