Spruce Creek Fire
There is a new fire station open in Marion County .
A crowd gathered at Spruce Creek Station 30 which is designed to accomodate the population growth in southern Marion County. The station is over 9 thousand square feet...and cost the county around 2.4 million dollars.
"What's special about this station is that this is our newest design...it's built to accommodate growth in the future...right now we're going to start 6 firefighters per shift..one engine and an ambulance...however, it can accommodate up to ten people per shift...it's a new design...it's capable of withstanding very high winds.."
This is the county's 28th fire station. Three additional fire stations are currently being built in southern Marion County as well.
- Sprucing Up the Springs
- Silver Springs to get Spruced Up
- Tussocks Threatening Hawthorne Business
- Cross Creek Tussock Update
- Family Gives Everything To Retired Horses
- Water Management District Staff Recommends Adena Springs Permit be Denied
- Sleepy Creek Requests To Modify Its Permit
- Body Found in Levy County has Been Identified
- Sewage Leak in Gainesville
- As Residents Complain of Biomass Smell, Plant Officials Say It's Only Temporary