Szechuan Panda Closed Due To Health Code Violations
A popular eatery in North Central Florida is closing it's doors for now.
Szechuan Panda off of 13th Street has had numerous health code violations dating to January 2007, and the Department of Business and Professional Regulation recommended that their license be revoked for good.
A recent inspection in July showed a critical violation, like the presence of insects and rodents. A follow-up inspection was then required because health inspectors deemed there was an immediate threat to the public,Â said Jenn Meale, communications director for the Department of Business and Professional Regulation. The restaurant was issued an emergency or temporary closure due to those violations. But in September of this year, Szechuan Panda met the inspection standards, even despite previous violations.
"As with administrative process, there is ample opportunity for the licensee to appeal," MealeÂ said.
Restaurants have 15 days after the recommended order before a final order can be issued and signed. Szechuan Panda is scheduled to receive their final order Friday, after which the owner will have 30 days to appeal.
The phone number for Szechuan Panda was disconnected, and the gates outside the restaurant were locked.
To check a restaurant's history, visit http://myfloridalicense.com and click on verify license.
- Local Pizza Shop Closes for Health Violations
- CLOSED Due To Holiday
- Ochwilla Elementary Closed Due To Smoke
- North Florida Parks Close Due to Flood Watch
- Lawtey Supermarket closes due to criminal & health concerns
- Multiple Crashes Due To Weather Cause Traffic In Gainesville
- High Pollen Count in North Central Florida Likely Due to Tree "Masting"
- Split Liver Transplants Helping To Close The Organ Donor Gap
- Committee is Proposing Changes to Alachua County's School Dress Code
- Alachua County School Board Will Vote on Dress Code