WINTER WONDERLAND DANCE
At Friday's Winter Wonderland Dance, High School teenagers not only could mingle and dance the night away, but win some prizes. But the dance was a night of a fun for those who abide by the rules.
Similar events in the past have ended outside with fights and arrests. But Friday, City Parks workers along with Gainesville Police made sure to keep teens in line and safe.
Like so many teens her age, 16-year-old Dominique Howard is looking for an excuse to get out of the house. The Winter Wonderland dance is her answer. She feels safe with the police nearby. For more on this story please see video:
- A Real Winter Wonderland in Alachua
- Ocala's Winter Wonderland
- Matheson Museum Becomes Winter Wonderland
- NCF Farmers Will Brave the Winter After Bad Hay Season
- Horse Prices at OBS Winter Mix Sale Higher than Last Year
- Winter Art Fair Offers Selection from Local Artists
- Why Has This Winter Been So Hot?
- Winter Coat Drive for the Homeless
- Keeping Pets Warm During Winter
- Champions Park first Winter Championship