Alachua County Student Assaulted At School
Alachua County deputies say two 14 year old boys sexually assaulted a 13 year old girl at Kanapaha middle school in Gainesville on December 15th.
Deputies say they weren't notified of the incident until the 16th... but school board officials say there's a reason for that.
District Spokesperson Jackie Johnson tells TV20, "What happened was in late afternoon towards the end of the school day. A student reported an incident in the classroom then came in the next morning and gave a report that was significantly different, which raised it to another level and made it a law enforcement issue."
School officials say the incident took place while the teacher was out of the classroom and an aide was in a back office.
Deputies say they've sent their investigation to the state attorney's office where it will be reviewed before it is decided if action needs to be taken.
- Half of Alachua County Public School Students Expected to Ride Bus When Classes Start
- Alachua County Students React to President's School Day Speech
- Alachua County Pastor Arrested for Sexual Assault
- Alachua County School Board Debates Implementing School Uniforms
- Alachua County Students Safe Despite Shooting in D.C.
- One In Three Alachua County Students Are Overweight
- Alachua County Students Score High on SAT
- Gilchrist County Students Head Back to School Monday
- Several Marion County Students Look Forward To Summer School
- UF Student Accused of Sexually Assaulting 3 Inebriated Victims...