Crist Wins, Waits for Oklahoma Steaks
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Charlie Crist is waiting for his
shipment of Oklahoma steaks.
In a statement Friday, the Florida governor congratulated Gators
coach Urban Meyer and his team for their victory against the
Sooners in Thursday's BCS championship game.
Crist also took the opportunity to bring up his friendly bet
with Oklahoma Gov. Brad Henry: The chief executive from the losing
state would be charged with sending to his counterpart a symbolic
food item - Florida oranges or Oklahoma steaks.
Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn will also have to pay up. He agreed to
sing Elton John's "Rocket Man" in front of Florida residents if
he lost his wager with Florida Sen. Bill Nelson.
- UF Engineer Heads to Oklahoma to Assess Tornado Damage
- North Central Florida American Red Cross Volunteers Prep to Travel to Oklahoma
- Lake City Residents Waiting for Relief After Debby
- Teachers Still Waiting for Governor's Pay Raise
- Gainesville Residents Wait to Hear From Their Family in the Philippines
- Gator Soccer Wins, Elliott Injured Against USF
- Panthers, Tigers Wrap Up Preseason Football With Wins, Other HS Football Scores
- Demps Wins, But Doesn't Break Record at Florida Relays
- North Marion Wins, Vanguard Loses in District Finals
- Chiefland Wins, Newberry Falls in Spring Football Game, Other HS Scores