Caught in the moment of the Inauguration the faces of the community framed the feeling of hope as a new administration takes charge.
"I can't even imagine it. Just listening to him talk it just brings me to tears," says Mindy Taylor, a Gainesville resident.
Taylor is one of many residents who hoped to see this day.
At Gators Dockside everyone came to enjoy the moment as the 44th President of the U.S. addressed the nation. From High Springs, Alachua to Gainesville, it was a historic day for everyone."
"My reaction was positive he is such a bright man he is an eloquent communicator he inspires leadership and leadership is really leading by example," says Walt Barry, a Gainesville resident.
"It was moving, different it is something i'll remember forever," says Tori Fox, a student of Santa Fe College.
"I am so excited about Barack Obama and the hope that he brings into our nation," says Michele Thomas of Gainesville. For more on this story please see video:
- UF Fans Watching game
- 6th Annual Rattle Battle Wing Bowl
- Restaurant Bills Charging Health Care Fees
- Deputies Launch iWatch Program
- GPD Officer Accused Of Sexual Harassment, Watching Porn While On Duty
- Fans Watch as Former Gators Try to Impress Pro Scouts
- Local Team of Doctors Watch Discovery's Launch
- Gainesville Voters Watch Election Returns at Hippodrome
- Watch Out For Package Snatchers
- Locals Pack Bars to Watch Finals