Girl Almost Abducted in Newberry
Â Â Â Deputies say the girl was standing in the entrance of her subdivision, Hammock Oaks in Newberry, waiting for her school bus around 7:45 yesterday morning when the suspect got out of a small, black pickup and tried to grab her.
Â Â Â Â It happened near Newberry Lane and County Road 235. Â
Â Â Â Â According to deputies, when the man approached her, she ran back toward her apartment.
Â Â Â Â The man left his truck and ran after her.
Â Â Â Â Deputies say once she was inside her apartment, she looked outside and saw the man walking around the complex... so she called 9-1-1.
Â Â Â Â Deputies say it's the first time something like this has happened in this usually quiet neighborhood.
Â Â Â Â "We have not had anything like that. And obviously one incident like this is one too many and so we sent extra details out this morning to watch the bus stops to try to identify who this person might be," Art Forgey, Spokesperson for Alachua County Sheriff's Office, said.
Â Â Â Â The girl's mother has posted fliers around the neighborhood, telling her neighbors to be on the lookout for the suspect.
Â Â Â Â Â The flier describes the suspectÂ as a white male with reddish brown hair and a goatee.Â At the time, he was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and jeans.
Â Â Â Â The truck has a dented front right end and the headlight is broken.
- Report of St. Lucie Girls' Abduction Ruled a Hoax
- Celebrating Education: Newberry High School's Environmental Girls Make Global Impact
- Almost No Citations One Month into Texting Ban
- Paynes Prairie Project Almost Complete
- Roberts' Stadium Club, Almost There
- It's almost "Happy Hour" in Gainesville
- 3-Year-Old Boy Almost Kidnapped By Sex Offender
- 6 Year Old Boy Almost Drowned at City Pool
- Prison Populations Almost Half African American Males
- City of Waldo could be billed almost $80,000