Hunter fatally shot in Putnam County
County man died after being hit with a
blast from a 12-gauge shotgun around 10 a.m. Sunday, while hunting with a
family acquaintance on private property in near his home. The victim is Eric Kisielewski,
25, of Orange Springs.
According to the hunting partner, the two men
were hunting hogs Sunday morning and walking through heavy brush when the
12-gauge shotgun discharged. The hunting partner was carrying the gun while
Kisielewski walked ahead of him. The double-aught buckshot hit Kisielewski,
mortally wounding him.
Investigators with the Florida Fish and
Wildlife Conservation Commission believe this is a hunting accident and are
leading the investigation with assistance from the Putnam County
Sheriffâ€™s Office and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
- Putnam County Deputy Shot
- Teen Shot and Killed in Palatka
- Friend speaks out after Putnam County man shot, killed
- Mom shot by 4-year-old son in Putnam County
- 18-year-old fatally shot in Clay County home robbery
- Putnam Co. "Tardy" in Informing Parents of Attempted Abduction
- Man blows up home and burns himself while making meth
- Dog fighting busted in Putnam County
- Putnam County remembers Deputy Brandee Smith
- Ring of Criminals Connected To 50 Burglaries Arrested