Lengthy Investigation Nets Big Drug Bust
By Dan Breitwieser, TV 20 News.
Levy County detectives seized 193 high grade pot plants valued at $868,000 Monday. The grow operation was hidden underneath a pole barn between Williston and Bronson.
Deputies say the investigation started in 2005 because the owner, Eduardo Rodriguez, 47, was burning the insulation of a large cargo container. Rodriguez told them he was making a storm bunker. But deputies saw other things that could be used in a grow operation. Capt. Evan Sullivan with the Levy County Sheriff's Office says their observations then starting their suspicions.
"Just because you have suspicion doesn't give you the right to go in and do the search," said Sullivan. "yesterday, (Monday) with things building and things that I cannot divulge at this time, we felt it was a good day to come on the property."
Levy County Sheriff's Deputies arrested Rodriguez and a woman known as Jane Doe who had three different driver's licenses when she was arrested. They are both in jail on drug charges.
- K-2 Drug Bust in Marion County
- Family members arrested following drug bust in Lawtey
- Drug Bust in Columbia County
- Drug Bust at Gainesville Apartment
- Traffic Stop Ends in Massive Drug Bust
- Four Arrested In Alachua Co. Drug Bust
- DRUG BUST IN MARION COUNTY
- Record-breaking Drug Bust
- Drug Bust at Ocala Bar
- Putnam County Methamphetamine Drug Bust