Ocala Murder Sentencing
Steven Papadas, 50, was charged with first-degree murder because police say he shot and killed Shawna Burnett, 35.
Papadas appeared drunk yesterday when police approached him, and said "I need to go to jail."
Police say he and Burnett had an "on and off relationship". Papadas said he tried to "move on" but couldn't.
The victim's mother told police Papadas did her daughter's college homework, but he thought they were in a relationship.
Captain James Pogue of the Marion County Sheriff's Office said Papadas was relentless.
"He was continuously emailing the victim , making phone calls, trying to meet with her. Well yesterdayÂ I guess she agreed to meet with him. He wanted to talk about reestablishing that relationship with him she kept putting him off. Unfortunately the suspect had a 45 caliber weapon on him and took her life," Pogue said.
Burnett lived with her boyfriend and her two year old daughter in her South Ocala home. Papadas is on suicide watch at the Marion County Jail.
- Gregory Dove is sentenced for murder
- Killer Sentenced in Drug Murders
- Man Gets 4 Consecutive Life Sentences for Murder
- Hooper, Wright Sentenced to Life in Seath Jackson Murder Case
- Maranda Martin Sentenced to Life in Prison for Murder of Paul Quandt Sr.
- Ocala Murder Investigation
- Murder Suicide For Ocala Couple
- A Woman's Murder Trial in Ocala
- Concerned Residents in Ocala After Two Murders
- Ocala Wife Accused of Murdering Husband