An officer is dragged by a car
Â Â Â Â A North Central Florida man is in trouble with the law after he took a police officer for the ride of his life last night.Â That ride led him straight to jail, and he's now charged with - among other things - attempted murder.
Â Â Â Â Ocala Police Corporal Drue Hunley pulls over this vehicle driven by 44 year oldÂ Bradford Sheldon of Ocala.Â Sheldon gives the Corporal a fake name and with back up, the officers try to arrest him.Â There is a struggle for the keys and Sheldon drives off with Corporal Hunley and with his feet still hanging from the car.Â The other officer calls for backup as Sheldon drives down Pine Ave, going 80 mph.Â The vehicle is finally stopped when it hits a median.Â Sheldon tried to run but with the help of a good samaritan, he is arrested and taken to jail.
Â Â Â Â Â Bradford Sheldon is charged with attempted murder on an officer, kidnapping, aggravated battery, reckless driving and resisting arrest.Â As for Corporal Drue Hunley and Officer Matt Sams, they had minor injuries and police say they are doing fine.
- Woman Dragged By Car While Being Robbed
- Dunnellon man hits 2 cars, flees after dragging person
- Toddler Dragged Underneath Car
- Raceway Says 15 Year Old Race Car Driver Died
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Two Women In Clay County Are Shot At In Their Car, One Dies
- RTS Bus And Sheriff's Deputy Car Involved In Crash
- Cattle Car Crash
- Report: 15-Year-Old Race Car Driver Broke Neck, Suffered Severe Head Trauma
- Marion County sheriff's deputies looking for suspect after patrol cars burglarized, guns stolen