An officer is dragged by a car
Â Â Â Â A North Central Florida man is in trouble with the law after he took a police officer for the ride of his life last night.Â That ride led him straight to jail, and he's now charged with - among other things - attempted murder.
Â Â Â Â Ocala Police Corporal Drue Hunley pulls over this vehicle driven by 44 year oldÂ Bradford Sheldon of Ocala.Â Sheldon gives the Corporal a fake name and with back up, the officers try to arrest him.Â There is a struggle for the keys and Sheldon drives off with Corporal Hunley and with his feet still hanging from the car.Â The other officer calls for backup as Sheldon drives down Pine Ave, going 80 mph.Â The vehicle is finally stopped when it hits a median.Â Sheldon tried to run but with the help of a good samaritan, he is arrested and taken to jail.
Â Â Â Â Â Bradford Sheldon is charged with attempted murder on an officer, kidnapping, aggravated battery, reckless driving and resisting arrest.Â As for Corporal Drue Hunley and Officer Matt Sams, they had minor injuries and police say they are doing fine.
- Woman Dragged By Car While Being Robbed
- Toddler Dragged Underneath Car
- Gainesville Police Officer Chases Speeding Car
- Police: Gainesville Man Attempts To Flee Officers, Hits Police Car
- Man Shot by Gainesville Police Officer During High Speed Car Chase
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Drag Racing Auction
- Man Dragged Behind Truck
- Three Charged With Dragging Man Behind Truck
- Tentative Agreement Made Between Alachua County Sheriff's Office and Some of Its Officers