Remembering Katie Nicole Roberts
A mother of two and a sibling of seven, family say Katie Nicole Roberts will be greatly missed. Even though police have made an arrest, there are still many questions unanswered and the family just wants justice to be served. The family grieving and trying to pull it together to remember their loved one who was murdered over a week ago.
Over 300 hundred people attended the funeral service held today at New Bethel Missionary Baptist Church. The family laid 27 year old Katie Nicole Roberts body to rest.
Katie's body was found Friday evening a week ago in this neighborhood behind a house in a trash bin. Police say she was shot and killed. Detectives worked through the night gathering the evidence.
A week after the murder, police arrested 22 year old Johneka Johnson of Leesburg. She is charged with first degree murder but police say they still don't have a motive and the case is still open.
Johneka Johnson is currently being held at Lake County Jail with no bond. She will be extradited to Columbia County this coming week where she will go before a judge.
- Remembering Robert Strappier
- Levy County remembers Robert Philpot
- Community remembers Robert Dentmond
- Cuban-American Filmmaker Shares Identity Struggles With Students
- Motorcycle Crash Victim Says Driver at Fault Was Texting and Driving
- 11 & 15 Year-Olds Accused Of Killing Brother
- What's Happening in the Entertainment World 9/6/12
- What's Happening in the Entertainment World 9/7/12
- FAMU Hazing Details Revealed
- State Board of Governor's Insist FAMU Updates