Remembering Katie Nicole Roberts
A mother of two and a sibling of seven, family say Katie Nicole Roberts will be greatly missed. Even though police have made an arrest, there are still many questions unanswered and the family just wants justice to be served. The family grieving and trying to pull it together to remember their loved one who was murdered over a week ago.
Over 300 hundred people attended the funeral service held today at New Bethel Missionary Baptist Church. The family laid 27 year old Katie Nicole Roberts body to rest.
Katie's body was found Friday evening a week ago in this neighborhood behind a house in a trash bin. Police say she was shot and killed. Detectives worked through the night gathering the evidence.
A week after the murder, police arrested 22 year old Johneka Johnson of Leesburg. She is charged with first degree murder but police say they still don't have a motive and the case is still open.
Johneka Johnson is currently being held at Lake County Jail with no bond. She will be extradited to Columbia County this coming week where she will go before a judge.
- Remembering Robert Strappier
- FAMU Hazing Details Revealed
- Local Graffiti Honors Conn. Shooting Victims
- State Board of Governor's Insist FAMU Updates
- Robert Waterhouse Executed in Florida After 2-Hour Delay
- Jury Reaches Verdict in Robert Nodine Trial
- Gainesville Man Accused of Raping UF Student
- Marion County Convicted Rapist Michael Frye Sentenced to Life in Prison
- Murder Suspect Arrested, Victim Identified
- Gilchrist Sheriff-Elect and Board Face Lawsuit