Soldier visits students
Private First Class Dustin Cason only has about two weeks to spend at home before he has to return to Iraq for duty. But he found time to spend one of those mornings with a group of students at Chiefland Elementary School.
Cason attended Chiefland Elementary as a child. Students in Katie Corbin's second grade class "adopted" the soldier and have been sending him letters and gifts for months.
Cason says he's happy to be home and that the kids' kind words were comforting.
- Hundreds of Soldiers Training in Ocala
- North Central Florida Honors Fallen Soldier
- "He Loved Everything about Being a Soldier," Fallen Hero's Body Returns Home
- Chiefland Remembers Fallen Soldier
- Sante Fe's "Operation Carepak" Is Sending Love to Soldiers
- Remembering a Fallen Soldier: Private Lamarol Tucker
- Cedar Key Remembers Fallen Soldier
- Soldier Letters
- Soldier Leaves for Afghanistan after Home Burns Down
- Soldier Returns in Time for Father's Day