Suspected Robbers Arrested
Three people were pulled over by Gainesville police late Saturday night on a routine traffic stop.Â But something smelled funny when the officer approached the vehicle.
Police say a heavy marijuana odor prompted the officer to search the vehicle.Â During the search, two hand guns were found, as well as ski masks and gloves.
John Brooks Smith and Timothy Hunter, both from Palatka, are under arrest and charged with carrying concealed weapons by convicted felons.Â They came to rob a Gainesville drug dealer after being informed by 18 year old Keondra Williams of Gainesville that the drug dealer would be in the area.Â Keith Kameg, public information officer for the Gainesville Police Department, says, "Their idea was to ride the neighborhood until they saw this drug dealer and rob him of both his drugs and money."Â
All three suspects are being held with no bond at the Alachua County Jail.
- Suspected Robber Dies On the Run
- PNC Bank Robber Arrested
- Female Bank Robber Arrested
- Arrested Armed Bank Robber Talks to TV20
- Two More Suspects Arrested in Indentity Theft Ring
- Suspect Arrested for Eagle Point Burglaries
- Third and Final Suspect Arrested in Gainesville Home Invasion Robbery
- Suspected Rapist Arrested in Ocala
- Residents Relieved After Suspected Rapist Arrested
- DNA Evidence Leads to Arrest of Suspect in Haile Rape Case