Unauthorized Text Message
The suspect's name is being withheld because of the ongoing investigation.
The message read "the monkey got out of the cage." Acceleration, the company that created the technology used by Mobile Campus, scanned its servers to search for the message's point of origin.
University officials say the text message was not authorized by the school or Mobile Campus.Â UF Police are working with the State Attorney's Office and Gainesville Police to figure out who has jurisdiction in the case before pursuing criminal charges.
- Text Messaging in Three Regional Emergency Rooms.
- Best Buy Scam Targeting Holiday Shoppers Through Text Message
- Breaking News: Unauthorized Plane Lands in Gainesville
- Florida Lawmakers Approve A Ban on Texting While Driving
- Texting While Driving Ban Moves Forward
- Texting & Driving May Soon Be Illegal In Florida
- Congress Wishes to Penalize States that Allow Texting While Driving
- New UF Texting Alert Sees Problems, Promises
- Alachua County Staff Banned From Texting
- National Texting and Driving Ban