27-year-old Heather MacCrossen came to Gainesville to take care of some unfinished business. She was returning for a court date but didn't make it there. Detectives say her disappearance in this case is rather unusual.
"I was speaking to her on the bus ride to Florida and I talked to her the night before she was supposed to arrive in Florida and she said 'ok I love you i'll call you tomorrow after court and let you know what happened' and I haven't heard from her since," says Jennifer Wiegand, Heather's cousin.
The last phone conversation Jennifer Wiegand had with her cousin Heather MacCrossen was August 16th 2007. MacCrossen was returning only to go to court. Wiegand says McCrossen left Florida for her home state of Michigan because of her ex-boyfriend. 29-year-old Andrelo Witcher, who is a registered sex offender. According to Wiegand Witcher abused her frequently and waited for her at that bus stop. For more on this story please see video:
- Woman Missing for Years Now in Panhandle Jail
- Deputies Looking for Missing Woman in Marion County
- Gainesville Police Looking for Missing and Endangered Woman
- Missing Alachua County Woman Found Alive Just Yards Away From Her Home
- Woman Missing in Lake City
- Missing Gainesville Woman Found
- Gainesville Woman Missing Since Tuesday
- Suwannee County Missing Woman Update
- Developments in Suwannee Missing Woman Case
- Body of Missing Woman Found in Marion County