According to police, The suspect's motive for setting fire to the home was to obtain prescription drugs.
The man wanted to tell his doctor that his medication had been destroyed by the fire. 52-year-old Olan Jones is charged with Arson.
The State Fire Marshal says the evidence at the home and interviews with teh Jones's Family point to Mr. Jones starting the fire. Authorities say Mr. Jones started the fire in the master bathroom, for reasons other than just to burn down the house.
For more on this story please see video:Â
- Teen Arsonist Arrested
- Accused Arsonist Arrested in Blessed Hope Fire
- Arsonist Sets 4 Fires in Columbia County
- Former Bradford County Coach Serving Time in One- Punch Death
- Gov. Rick Scott Listens to Bradford County Citizens
- Bradford/Alachua Brush Fires Update
- Fire Causes Road Closures in Bradford County
- Bradford Sheriff's Race
- Racial Tension In Bradford County
- Fight at Bradford Co. High School