Deadly crash kills two women on I-75
Florida Highway Patrol troopers spent hours investigating a complicated car crash Monday morning.
They say a black pickup truck went out of control when merging onto I-75 near exit 358 around 5:45 a.m. That truck crossed three lanes and hit the center guard rail.
The crash caused six other cars to collide. One of the drivers was thrown from her car and died.
Another woman, who was a passenger in the wreck, got out of her car and somehow fell over a low concrete wall. Troopers say she fell from the Interstate onto a vehicle below. She also died from her injuries.
The crash caused a backlog of traffic for several hours in the southbound lanes of I-75. It cleared up by the afternoon.
- Two People Dead After A Crash On I-75
- Two killed in deadly crash in Marion County
- Southbound Lanes of I-75 Remain Closed After Deadly Crashes
- Friends React To Deadly Crash On I-75 In Gainesville
- 911 Calls Released in Deadly I-75 Crashes
- Deadly I-75 Crash
- I-75 lanes shut down for 6 hours following deadly crash
- Ten year old dead in I-75 crash
- Deadly Crash on I-75
- UPDATE: Crash on I-75 leaves one woman dead