Death toll stands at 51 in Moore, OK. Medical examiner told to expect at least 40 more bodies...20 of them children.
Fire Destroys Shelter's Office
A fire destroyed the outreach office of Peaceful Paths early Wednesday morning. Investigators are unsure of the cause at this time, but the building is a total loss. No one was hurt in the fire. Peaceful Paths helps victims of domestic violence. The confidential domestic abuse shelter and transitional housing are intact and the agency will be operational using tempoary spaces and hotline.
They're still investigating the cause of the fire.
When fire fighters from Gainesville Fire Rescue got out here around 1:30 a.m., the fire was through the roof.Â TheyÂ flames were as high as forty feet.Â Â No one was inside the building when the fire broke out.
It's most of the building burned to the ground. TV20 caught up Peaceful Paths director who is gladÂ no one was hurt.
"When I first go the call, what i first thought was lord lets hope its not the shelter. So the fact that it's the outreach office, while its devastating, the reality is is that our folks are safe. We didn't lose any life. This is stuff it can be replaced," said Theresa Harrison of Peaceful Paths.
All vicitms needing services should call the shelter hotline at 377-8255. Current clients should also call this number in order to contact their advocates. For more information, you may contact Dr. Harrison at email@example.com or at 352-318-7766
We'll keep you updated as more information comes in.
- Shelter Opened For Fire Evacuees
- Fire Destroys Gainesville Home
- Early Morning Fire Destroys Home Near Jonesville
- Fire Destroys Home in Fairbanks
- Fire Destroys Gainesville Mobile Home
- Early Morning Fire Destroys Gainesville Warehouse
- Early Morning Fire Destroys Gainesville Home
- Fire Destroys Ocala Day Care
- Fire Destroys Newberry House
- Apartment Fire Destroys Two Families Homes