Gainesville Credit Union Robbed
Gainesville police are searching for the man who robbed a credit union. Detectives say the man walked into the Campus Credit Union on southwest fifth avenue just after ten Tuesday morning. He handed the teller a note demanding money, but police say no one saw a weapon.
Officers say there were other customers in the credit union but they didn't know what was going on... in part because other than a pair of sunglasses, he was not wearing anything to cover his face.
"It's not unusual, it could indicateâ€”you knowâ€”that he's either local or transient. That some people do make an effort to disguise themselves and some don't. So it's really the reason for doing the robbery that we're trying to just find out." said GPD Lieutenant Will Halvosa.
The suspect was last seen wearing a gray sweatshirt and sunglasses. Police estimate he is in his thirties, is about five feet nine inches tall and weighs about 170 pounds.
- Robbery at Gainesville First Credit Union
- Gainesville Police Arrest Two In Credit Card Scam
- Gainesville Bank Robbed; Thief Still on the Loose
- Deputies: Armed Suspect Robs Gainesville Walgreens
- Deputies: Suspect Who Robbed Gainesville Walgreens Found Dead In His Backyard
- Police: Man Tries To Rob Gainesville Liquor Store
- Gainesville Dominos Robbed
- RTS Union Declares Impasse in Pay Negotiations with City of Gainesville
- Gainesville Loses its Battle with Employee Unions
- Unions v. City of Gainesville: Implications of Ruling Still Unclear