GPD Officer Arrest
A former Gainesville Police Department officer is in custody this morning.
Former GPD officer David Reveille turned himself in early today on a variety of charges, including sexual battery.
Gainesville Police Department officials fired him last year after they say he used his position as a police officer to get sexual favors from prostitutes.
He faces several sexual battery charges as well as other charges including false imprisonment and misconduct.
There were a total of 5 victims between 2002 and 2008.
GPD Chief Norman Botsford issued the following statement:
"The Gainesville Police Department has concluded their investigation into the actions of former officer David Reveille. His arrest today is the next step in the criminal justice process. GPD will assist the state attorney's office in any future court proceedings."
- GPD Honored at The Capitol
- 4th Annual GPD Shop with a Cop event
- Violent Criminal Organization In Columbia County Arrested
- Meth Lab Busted in Inglis, 12 Arrested
- GPD: Gunman in Apartment Shooting Arrested, Writes About Crime on Facebook
- GPD Makes Arrest in Rape Case
- Seven Open-Air Drug Arrests by New GPD Unit
- GPD DOOR KICK INS ARRESTS
- GPD counterfeit ticket arrest at Gators game
- GPD Logs Robbery Arrests