Hazardous Materials Scare
Â The Marion County Hazardous Materials Team, as well as, the Sheriff's Office Bomb Squad were called after traces of radiation were detected in a recycling bin at the Ocala Recycling Center.
Â Â Â
Â The bin came from the Davis Recycling Center in Ocklawaha but authorities say the incident appears to be isolated.
"Sometimes radiation is used for more malicious intent such as a dirty bomb, so anytime we have a radiation type of incident, we take it very very seriously. Now, in this case it was very small, minute amount, nothing to be concerned about," said Heather Danenhower of the Marion County Fire Rescue.
Â Â Â The Davis Recycling Center was closed from 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. today, as authorities did a thorough check for radiation in the area. The cause of the radiation has not yet been determined.
By Sarah Pusateri: email@example.com
- Gainesville's Fleet Maintenance Garage & Public Works Materials Storage Facility Combine
- Hazardous Weather Awareness Week
- Jumping Sturgeon Hazards
- Wildfire Hazards for Homeowners
- Scare at Elementary School
- TB Scare in North Central Florida
- Second Rabies Scare In Marion County
- Marion County Bomb Scare
- State Road 26 Reopened After Gunman Scare
- Bomb Scare in Alachua County