John F. Waldo's body is found
Yesterday,the family of a missing man from Melrose kept the hope alive that they would find a missing loved one. But today, that hope was dashed. John F. Waldo disappeared a week and a half ago-- launching a major search. It appears the family won't have to look any more.
Gainesville police received a call around four this afternoon that a resident of midtown gainesville noticed a body in a car. That car matched the description of the one belonging to Waldo. Neighbors say that the car had been there for a while and thought nothing of it's presence until today.
Waldo was last seen on February 11th at Calico Jack's location in southwest gainesville. The family got suspicious when people at Waldo's job called to say he had not been in. They came up five days later and have been looking ever since. Just yesterday, an air search was conducted to help locate his car.
Not a happy ending for Kristina and the family, but there is closure now. The family says they are waiting for the police to release his body so they can take him home to Tampa and give him a proper burial.
Police believe this is classified as a death investigation and are waiting for the medical examiner's report to find out how he died.
- John Waldo's Family want a law passed in his name
- Body Found in St. Johns County
- Searching for John F. Waldo
- Police Investigating Missing Girl's Body Found in Levy County
- Body Found in Newnan's Lake
- Officials Confirm Body Found Is Somer's
- Missing Fla. Boater's Body Found In Leesburg Lake
- Deputies ID Woman's Body Found In Ocala National Forest
- Friends and Family Mourn where Cheerleader's Body was Found
- Missing Marine's Body Found