National Pancake Day
Fluffy, warm and drizzled with syrup.
"The pancakes are buttery and fantastic and they melt in your mouth," Stephanie Denard, customer, said.
"There were free pancakes at IHOP.
And over a thousand customers crammed into the restaurant to get a stack.
"You say free pancakes and they come running," Tony Pignone, manager, said.
But all those customers equals a lot of pancakes.
"I've probably made about 3000 so far," one chef said.
And it's all for a good cause.
Customers made donations to the Children's Miracle Network... and managers say they expect to raise a lot of money.
"My box is full of lots of money, not a lot of rattling, lots of big bills. People are giving a lot this year," Pignone said.
Customers waited in line for almost an hour, but it's a win-win for everyone... Pancake-lovers get to enjoy some buttery goodness.
while donating to a good cause.
"It's to get people here, that's what the short-stack is. But once they're here, it's granted they're going to give," Grace Stack, customer, said.
- Student Sends Pancakes to Haiti
- Catholic Charities Pancake Breakfast
- World Spay Day
- National Drug Take-Back Day
- Florida Center for the Blind Celebrates National White Cane Day
- Days After Election, Florida's Votes Finally Counted
- Man Kills Dad Outside of Day Care
- The Catch Of The Snow Day
- Three Killed At Day Care
- Freebies on Tax Day