Paynes Prairie to get makeover
With billions of economic stimulus dollars on the way to Florida, local government agencies are scrambling to get their requests in on time.
One of those requests may include $25 million for a restroration project at Payne's Prairie Preserve. The project would restore the prairie to it's natural wetlands. Back in the days of cattle ranchers in Gainesville, the water was re-routed via canal to the Alachua Sink.
GRU officials say the project will improve the quality of water draining into the Floridian Aquifer and -- they hope -- make the land more attractive to visitors.
- Paynes Prairie Bison Removal
- Paynes Prairie Bison
- Invasive Plants Threatening Native Vegetation on Payne's Prairie
- Purple Flower Attracting Visitors In Paynes Prairie
- Paynes Prairie Warning Sign Complaints
- Paynes Prairie Project Almost Complete
- Bobcat Sighting at Paynes Prairie
- Paynes Prairie Restoration Project
- Alligator Finds Home Along Paynes' Prairie Trail
- Paynes Prairie Preserve Migrating Birds