Phones Down In Parts Of Alachua County
Alachua County, FL (February 11, 2009) â€“ The Alachua County Department of Public Safety has received information that phone lines in certain parts of Alachua County have been cut. This prevents residents from contacting law enforcement and fire services. The areas affected are High Springs, Alachua, La Crosse and Hague. If your phone is not working and you need any type of emergency service, please respond to your nearest police or fire station. Here is the list of police and fire departments near the areas affected:
Alachua Police Department: 15000 NW 142nd Terrace, Alachua
Fire Station 21: 15040 NW US 441, Alachua
High Springs Police Department: 110 NW 2nd Avenue, High Springs
High Springs Fire Department: 205 NW 1st Avenue, High Springs
La Crosse Volunteer Fire Department (ASO Staffed): 20421 N SR 212, La Crosse
As soon as phone service is restored, we will notify affected residents.
For more information, please contact the Alachua County Department of Public Safety, Public Information Officer, Carol Davis at 352-258-9966.
- Gainesville/Alachua County's 10-Year plan to end homelessness- Part 2
- Cell Phone Addiction Part 1
- Cell Phone Addiction Part 2
- Cell Phone Addiction Part 3
- Archer Man Shot Woman After She Kicked Down His Front Door
- Alachua County Volunteers Track Down the Homeless
- Democratic Chair Steps Down 'While Party is Strong'
- Number of Deaths from Prescription Pills Down Across the State
- Stafford Jones Stepping Down After 10 Years of Service
- Bee populations down 40% in the US, experts say that's not the case in NCFL